Kids are the best negotiators because they won't take no for an answer and they don't give up until they get what they want! While tenacity is certainly a key factor, when negotiating on behalf of my clients who are in the home buying or selling process there are many other key elements. Here is what it really takes to win a negotiation!
- Priorities - Knowing what the priorities are for each party.
- Emotions - Keeping emotions out of it; that means for my client and the agents/brokers involved.
- Strengths and Weaknesses - knowing and presenting my client's strengths.
- Risk - Understanding my client's risk tolerance
- Persuasiveness - The ability to convince the other agent/broker that my client is right in a way that MORE...
Negotiating is a lot like poker, and, like the song says "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away..."